Are you interested in solving computer vision problems that involve massive video sets and thousand channels of live TV? Do you have experience in building large-scale computer vision and machine learning system?
Do you want to conduct industry-leading research in content analysis technologies and multimedia information processing, and help millions of households discover and enjoy video and music content on their TV, PC, Phone, and Mobile devices?
Comcast Labs in Washington DC is currently looking to fill a lead researcher position that requires computer vision and video processing research and prototype development applied to premium video, live TV and home security.
We are an innovative research group within Comcast’s Metadata Products and Search Services unit that does groundbreaking research to develop Search & Discovery technologies for Video and TV that support Comcast’s approximately 22 Million subscribers. Comcast is the largest provider of TV and Broadband Services in North America, the largest provider of TV search and discovery applications in North America, & the 6th largest provider of search on the web.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an industrial, government, or academic lab setting on computer vision and video processing projects and applicants with PhD are preferred. Applicants should have good programming and software development skills, and be comfortable working in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented, applied research environment.
The position will be located in our Washington, DC office. We feature an informal, open atmosphere, and a location in downtown Washington convenient to several public transit lines and many of the city’s museums, monuments, and other attractions. The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a CV or resume, along with a brief statement explaining why you are interested in the position, to Jan_Neumann(at)cable.comcast.com.
– Develops specifications and technical requirements of custom designs for future products and applications.
– Works with other Technical Leads, Product Managers and Business Partners to lead development of prototypes that demonstrate Research work and help with Product Discovery.
– Works with various team members both within and outside Research. Ensures timely progress of work. Conducts Research in an incremental manner thereby enabling faster transfer of technology to the Engineering teams. Able to evaluate prototype systems, help write technical papers, and help with technology transfer.
– Keeps track of developments in field both in academia and in industry. Attending relevant conferences and publishing research results is encouraged.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Education Level: Master’s Degree or Equivalent; Ph.D. preferred.
Field of Study: Computer Science with experience in one or more of the following areas Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Video Processing.
Years of Experience: Generally requires 7-10 years related experience after Bachelors, 5-8 years after Master’s, or 2-3 years after Ph.D.
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications